Types of Flooring
How to Choose the Right Type of Wood Flooring
There are many options for different types and grades of engineered wood and laminate flooring. Deciding on one is not easy. There are no right and wrong answers when it comes to choosing your ideal flooring.
Consider these questions before exploring your design options:
- What is the size of the area?
- What type of room? (Tip: Laminate is a good, moisture-friendly choice for bathrooms.)
- How much do I want to spend?
- Would I like naturally occurring variations in my wood flooring?
- What is the architectural style I am aiming to achieve? Would I like my wood flooring to appear authentic and rustic, or contemporary and sleek?
- Would I like the color of my wood flooring to be dark, light, or somewhere in between?
- Which color tone do I like – black, brown, reddish, orange, birch, or gray?
- Would I like a shiny or matte finishing?
- Do I have a preference for the hardness of the wood?
- Do I have a specific preference for the species of wood? The common types of wood used for hardwood flooring are oak, mahogany, walnut, hickory, birch, maple, and Brazilian cherry. Bausen offers all of these types.
- Do I have a preference for wider planks of wood? Longer lengths? Thicker layers?
- Would I prefer to have my wood flooring professionally installed or do it myself? (Tip: A professional installation will ensure your wood floor and molding are installed properly. All professionally installed flooring is covered with a Lifetime Structural Warranty, plus a 25-Year Limited Residential Warranty or a 5-Year Limited Commercial Warranty.
- Would I like my wood flooring to require very little in cleaning and maintenance?
Once you have given careful consideration to your preferences, it will be easier to narrow down your choices. Like all home improvement materials, it always helps to examine wood flooring products closely in person.
Come in to our Southern California showroom. Our friendly wood flooring experts can help you choose the best wood flooring based on your specificiations.
If you are a distributor, contact us to receive display samples and catalog.